Tuesday May 10th, 2016
8:00 am – 1:00 pm
St. Johns County Health & Human Services Center
200 San Sebastian View
St. Augustine, FL 32084
KEYNOTE SPEAKER – BLAKE LEVINE, MSW
Blake is an author, coach and founder of BipolarOnline.com.
He has shared his journey with mental illness on television, YouTube, and at events around the country. He has published numerous books, including Beating Bipolar: How One Therapist Tackled His Illness, and Depression, Bipolar and Heroin: Lessons Learned From Losing My Brother to Addiction, just to name a few.
MINDSTORM®2.0 – GET A GLIMPSE INTO WHAT IT’S LIKE TO LIVE WITH SCHIZOPHRENIA
Created with the help of people with schizophrenia and an expert panel of psychiatrists, MINDSTORM allows viewers to experience the visual hallucinations and distortions and voices associated with schizophrenia.
Endorsed by mental health advocates, MINDSTORMTM can be a valuable tool for: Law Enforcement, Community Groups, Social Workers, Caregivers, Healthcare Professionals.
BREAKOUT SESSION – FOR COMMUNITY
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Tips
Learn what MHFA is, how it’s an important tool for individuals in our communities, and how to access classes.
Presented by Salvatore Gintoli, SMA
BREAKOUT SESSION – FOR MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
The Xcenda Program: Quality Care Initiatives for Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitals
This presentation will cover:
1. Hospital Readmission Reduction
- Cost of readmissions
- Penalties for hospital readmissions
2. The Impact on Behavioral Health Facilities
- Contributing factors to readmission rates
- Targeted approach to reduce readmissions
- Quality incentives, coordinated care, and discharge planning
3. Hospital Quality Programs & the Affordable Care Act
4. Payers Tying Value to Reimbursement Incentives