Frequently Asked Questions
1. What positions are available?
We offer a wide variety of opportunities in both hourly and salaried positions. To view a complete list of current openings, please click on SMA Careers.
2. What are the organizations core values?
SMA exists to deliver exceptional and comprehensive behavioral healthcare to individuals and families in our community. Our vision is a community where addiction and mental illness are treated promptly, comprehensively and with respect for all.
3. What can I expect from SMA as an employer?
As one of the leaders in substance abuse and mental health in Flagler, Putnam, St. Johns, and Volusia counties, we provide a first-class working environment, competitive wages and benefits packages for full-time employees. Opportunities for advancement and growth are attainable within our organization. We value our staff and strive to provide them opportunities to excel.
4. What benefits does SMA offer?
We offer an array of benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 403b with employer match, paid vacation, paid holidays, retirement plan, life insurance, short & long term disability, pre-paid legal services, Aflac, health club memberships, and tuition reimbursement.
5. Do I need to create a user name and password in order to submit an application?
Yes. You will need to register and create an account.
6. What if I don’t have an email address to use on the login page?
There are a variety of websites that offer free email addresses including Yahoo, MSN and Google.
7. What do I do if I forget my password?
Click on the forgot my password link located on the Login page. Your password will be sent to your email address on file.
8. How do I check the status of my application?
We receive hundreds of applications each month and review many each day. This makes it impossible to keep everyone informed as to his/her position in our recruitment process. For this reason, we are not able to give the status of applications. If your experience matches the qualifications of the position you have applied for, you will be contacted via email to complete a job related online skills test.
9. What does it mean when my status says “Saved”?
It means you have not fully completed the application, and we will not be able to consider you for the position. To rectify this situation, please log back into the system and make sure you complete each section, filling out each questionnaire and electronically signing and dating the application.
10. How do I make sure I receive emails from SMA?
Please make sure that any emails from the domain “applicantstack.com” do not go to your Spam folder and are added to your “Safe Sender” list. Use the following link to see how to add emails to your “Safe Sender” list.
11. How long does it usually take for someone from your organization to contact me?
It depends on the primary interviewer. If they are interested in pursuing you for the position you applied for, they will contact you via email for a pre-screening phone interview.
12. May I attach a cover letter to my application?
Yes. You may attach a cover letter to amplify your application. However, the application must be completed in its entirety and a resume must be attached to be considered for the position you applied for.
13. How often are the job postings updated?
We update open positions daily as they become available.
14. How will I know when a position is filled/closed?
Once a position is no longer available, it is removed from the job board. You will also receive an email notification to the email address on file that the position has been closed.
15. What is the difference between Creating a Profile and Submitting an Application?
Creating a Profile is entering basic information about yourself and your work history. You may enter this information at any point, and in the future, log back into your profile and attach it to a particular posting, thus creating an application. Submitting your application means that you are showing interest in a specific position within our organization. You will not be considered for employment until we receive your complete application.
16. Can I update my application?
Yes, you can log on to your account and make any changes you would like to your profile. Remember to save the information before exiting the system.
17. Can I apply for more than one position at a time?
Yes, you can submit an application for any open position if you meet the minimum qualifications.
18. Will I be considered for positions other than the one I applied for?
No. However, you may apply for more than one position at a time.
19. How will I know my application was received?
A notice will be sent to your email address on file.
20. How long will my application remain in the system?
Applications do not expire.